As most of you have heard by now, my son asked to have his hair cut short. He has said this before, but we dismissed that request almost immediately. He seemed to be a little more serious this time, and even had four reasons why he'd like his hair short. "I don't want my hair to get in my ear wax. I don't want it to get in my nose. I don't want it to get in my mouth. How many is that?" "Three." "Oh, and I want to look like a rock star."
So, Ryan took him to Floyd's Barbershop, where a guy named Bill with a bunch of tattoos (he immediately met G's approval, since he likes pirates, too) cut off my precious baby's hair. Ryan said it was pretty traumatic watching the huge clumps of hair falling to the floor. Even one of the other hairdressers was surprised, asking him if he was sure he didn't want to look like a pirate anymore. I have to admit that I was pretty shocked when he walked through the door. Even the next morning when he climbed into our bed, I did a double take. He just didn't seem like my G at all. Now, I'm used to it, and I have to admit that I really like it. I feel like we now know that he can pull off long and short, and I'm fine with whatever he wants. The advantages to the short hair, though we don't get as many compliments from strangers, are that he'll be much more comfortable this summer, he doesn't get it in his mouth or eyes, and no one thinks he's a girl anymore! So, I guess we went from pirate to rock star. It's a change I can live with, and he loves it so much. Either way, he's a great-looking kid!


1 comment:
He looks so little and young in these pictures! We have to treasure those moments when we get them!
Post a Comment