My sweet boy turned 5 today! I have to admit, it hurt a little. Four sounds small and sweet, and five sounds so big! When G woke up this morning and came into our room, we sang Happy Birthday to him, and then I cried a little. I told him that I was sad that he was turning 5, and he said, "But I'm learning new tricks everyday, Mommy, so you can't be sad." Well, that sounded so sweet and grown up, that I cried a little more. I really didn't spend the entire day crying, and I am happy that he's growing and learning.
The past year with Garrett has been full of fun and sweet moments, and I can't wait to see what 5 brings. We ended this year of his life with new hair and new eyes, but Garrett is still the tender, loving, verbose and imaginative boy he's always been. He loves making up stories and songs, climbing on things and then jumping off of them and using his ever-evolving superhero powers and pirate skills to fight bad guys. He holds tightly to his convictions, like "love God", "eat foods with lots of vitamins", "don't litter" and "always save the princess." He is loving and forgiving of his Mama. He lights up when Daddy walks in the room. He is patient when teaching his little sister new things. Ryan and I are so proud that Garrett is our son, and Scout couldn't love her brother more. We love you, G. Happy Birthday, big boy!

4 comments:
5...it is so big. I can't believe how much older he looks in just the last 5 months. Miss you guys, give him lots of birthday loves from us.
A Whole Hand. Be sure to get a photo of him holding his hand out to his side. It's a bittersweet time. I cried when Hannah turned 5, cried the day she went to kindergarten, when she got her glasses, and learning about her first cavity. But they have to grow, and you're doing an amazing job at leading him (and Scout, too). Happy Birthday, Garrett! Love you so much, Mrs. Rose
Happy Birthday, Garret!
your friend, Carson
Happy, happy birthday G! I can't believe he's 5 knowing that Anna is right on his heels. How fast these years have gone! The first 5 years have been so fun, I can't imagine the fun the next 5 years will bring. How blessed we are to raise these precious kiddos. We love G so much!
Post a Comment