May was a good month for us. Mother's Day was super sweet. My kids made a sweet card for me, with Daddy's help, and gave me a volcanic stone pedicure at the Woodhouse Day Spa. My friend Christy received the same gift, and we got to enjoy them together. Nice work, hubbies! I was also honored with a tea at G's preschool, which was really tender. He served me my food and drink, gave me a precious card, and then participated in an interview, during which he gave answers to questions about me. They were all pretty cute. Some of my favorites were that he thinks I'm a dentist who works in a nursing home (half-right), that he thinks I'm 7 feet tall and 6 years old, and that one thing I always do for him while I'm not with him is pray for him. From responses he gave on other projects from school and church, I've also gathered that he loves my cooking and my hugs. I also received a potted plant in a wooden wheelbarrow with stickers on it, that G and Ryan made together, as did any of you moms whose kids do the Home Depot projects once a month. On one card, G wrote my name for the first time, and I got lots of pages of beautiful scribbles from Scout. Oh, how I love those kiddos!
G serving me at my Mother's Day Tea
Ryan took G to his company picnic, which is always during naptime. I've been once, and I decided to stay home to let Scout sleep, while the boys had fun together. Garrett mostly enjoyed a very elaborate face painting design and a bunch of balloons he insisted upon bringing home for Scout. She loved them, of course, and played with them the rest of the evening.
Ryan and I celebrated 12 years of marriage on the 16th. I wish I weren't catching up and had an entire post to devote to my amazing and wonderful partner in this life that God has granted me. Ryan is an incredible husband and a fabulous father. He is a perfect compliment to my slightly compulsive, if not completely neurotic personality. He loves me for who I am, yet holds my hand and supports me as I try to grow into the person I want to become. He's hard-working and selfless, easy-going and fun. When I knew I was hooked more than 12 years ago, before I was consciously aware that I wanted to be his wife, I simply knew that everyday was going to be fun if he was with me and that I couldn't imagine a day that I wouldn't want him by my side. So far, so good! Not every day has been perfect, but I thank God that He's allowed me to spend them with my true love.
The kids also spent a lot of time playing with the water hose in the backyard. Because we were trying to sell our house, I didn't let them inflate the pool in the yard, so they settled for running from Ryan, while he tried to soak them. They got in a pattern of running from corner to corner for refuge, getting sprayed along the way. Garrett even became the protector, holding and shielding his sister in the corners of the yard.
Garrett finished his first year of preschool. I can't believe it. I was so proud of all that he'd learned and all the ways he'd grown. He had some special teachers to guide him along the way, and for that, we are thankful. The year ended with a Splash Day, that was a lot of fun for him, and he brought home those sweet school projects and poems that choke you up. Scout didn't know school was over, but she's certainly been happy to have him home. How that girl misses her big brother when he's gone. It makes a huge difference in her day.
Garrett also got third place in his first fishing tournament. It was a catfish that he caught in a tank outside of Academy. It was really cute, and he was so proud!


The finale of the month was my sister Andrea's birthday celebration. We rented kayaks and a paddleboat on the river, which was fun. Garrett definitely enjoyed it more that Scout, although I think the lifejacket was bringing her down. We then went to The Oasis for dinner, which was beautiful and fun. I wish we didn't have to abide by bedtimes, because it was a perfect day to watch the sun set over the lake. The kids took to the dance floor after dinner, and we had to carry Scout out of there kicking and screaming. That girl likes to groove! We finished with a strawberry cake, which G decided to cut for us. It was a fun weekend. Happy Birthday, Sis!



3 comments:
Wow...all this fun.
Looks like you all have been making some fun memories. What a blessed month!
Awww. . . I've loved catching up. I need to do that on my blog. How wonderful that we've been so busy that we can't be at the computer all the time. I miss y'all so much and can't wait for next year. The popular rumor is Ms. Jennifer will teach Pre-K. I'm still upstairs with the oldest 2's youngest 3's.
Great post mom!!!
Post a Comment