So, I just had to share a couple of things that Garrett said this morning on the way to school. We were listening to the radio when that Second Hand Serenade song came on. You know, the one that goes "Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you...". Anyway, Garrett got really excited when he heard it come on, and said "This is a great God song, isn't it?" I agreed that it was a nice song but informed him that it was not about God. He was a little disappointed but continued to listen. Once the chorus came on, he brightened up and said "See, Mommy. It is about God!" Sweet boy. I think anything that sounds earnest and pleasant to G, must, in his mind, be pleasing to God, too! The other cute thing he said was when he was desperate for me to turn around and look at him ("watch this" is his favorite phrase right now) as I was driving down the highway. When I didn't respond, he figured he'd solve the problem. "I'll watch the road so you can turn around Mommy." It was cute, but, don't worry, I kept my eyes on the road and told him why. He insisted that we'd be safe if he was watching the road, so I gave up the verbal argument and stuck with ignoring. It's useless arguing with 3-year old logic.
1 comment:
That was too cute!! I love when he says he will watch the road for you. :)
Post a Comment