Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blondes do have more fun

Garrett and I had an interesting conversation on the way home from preschool today.

G: My name is Jose'. What's your name?
Me: I'm Consuela.
G: Hey, that's my wife's name! We both have brown hair, so we both play the harmonica.
Me: Do all people with brown hair play the harmonica?
G: Yeah.

We then talked about who else has brown hair. I asked him what color hair a little girl in his class has.

G: She has blonde hair, so she can't play the harmonica.
Me: What do people with blonde hair do?
G: They play.
Me: What color hair does Kaya have? (Jessica H.)
G: Kind of brown, so she can play the harmonica.
Me: No, she has red hair. What do people with red hair do?
G: They take a nap.

Since blondes play, it seems like they have more fun. However, I'm sure that Garrett intended to indicate that brunettes have more fun playing the harmonica. But, at this stage in my life, I think I'd rather be a redhead, 'cause I could use a nap.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

As a matter of fact Kaya did get a two hour nap today!!(miraculous I know) But no G that is not what I am usually doing! He must have jinxed me....(in a good way)!