I thought I'd give an update on Ryan a day after the race. He woke up this morning and felt so much better. A full night's sleep helped a bunch. He only slept about an hour after we got home, because he really wanted to spend time with the kids and with his brother before he left this morning. Actually, he slept several 2-3 minute segments in the bath unintentionally before I finally forced him to get out and get in bed. I think his dreams woke him up, though, with a little help from my snickering. While he was sleeping, I was putting things away after his bath and getting ready to jump in the shower myself, when I heard him moaning. I rushed into the bedroom to ask what was wrong. He looked at me and said, "I don't know what to do."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I just got my first quarter."
Okay. I've been a part of this running world for awhile now, and I had no idea what he was talking about. It didn't sound good, though.
"What?" I asked him.
"I just got my first quarter of a sandwich, and I don't know what to do.", holding his hand out like he's got a sandwich in it. "Should I share it with someone?"
I just stood there and snickered at him. We had cut the sandwiches we'd brought for him during the race into quarters, so that he could eat more easily and quickly. He woke up almost immediately and had no idea what he'd said. Poor guy. He couldn't even get away from that trail in his dreams. He fell back to sleep after that and slept more soundly.
He got back to work today, but did the morning from home with his feet elevated and on ice, occasionally soaking the left one in an ice water bucket. He went in later in the day, barely getting that left foot into his dress shoe. The kids are happy to have him back. Garrett hasn't left his side much, continuing to assure me that he's taking care of Daddy. He's done that by bringing Ryan ice packs from the freezer and admiring his belt buckle while telling Ryan how far he ran. "Daddy, you ran one zero zero miles." G's treating that thing like a religious icon. Scout, on the other hand, has no respect for Ryan's feet, stepping on them in her clumsy, trying-to-learn-to-walk-way and playing in the ice water bucket.
In summary, Ryan is healing pretty quickly, and we hope another early night will continue that process.
Best Paid Jobs In Marketing
1 year ago

2 comments:
I didn't read the top indicating that it was Ryan's conversation with you, I thought it was G. Is it sad that it seemed like a normal conversation for a 3 year old?
Hey Ashley! I didn't know you guys had a blog too. Congratulations to Ryan on finishing the race! We hope to make it to Austin sometime in the next few months- we'll let you know when we're headed out and maybe we can visit with you!
Post a Comment