Garrett also had a pumpkin patch party at school. We signed up to bring cookies, so we used the Halloween cookie cutters that Mimi sent us last year and made some yummy treats. Here is Garrett rolling and cutting.
Halloween has become such a big holiday, that I feel like I spend all of my time on the pre-Halloween parties and events and almost overlook the actual day. My mom came just in time for trick-or-treating, which Garrett loved. Scout seemed to enjoy it, too, and even kept her headpiece of the bee costume on during the walk around our block. She didn't get any candy, though, as she was just in it for the torture of the costume.
G probably loved passing out candy, and some coffee packets our church had provided for the adults, even more. At one point, he was standing on our porch shouting, "Happy Halloween, anyone who wants to come get some candy!" He would also chase adults down our driveway yelling, "You forgot your coffee!" if I forgot to give it to someone. His hyperactivity was mostly natural, with a little sugar in there to take him fully over the top.
Garrett's costume was another story. It gradually came off, piece by piece as the night wore on. We made it to one house before he gave up the sword. He never even made it out the door with shoes, just the boot covers. The hat was the next item to be discarded, followed by the sash tied around his head and his belt. By the time my sister arrived after picking up Ryan's brother Alan from the airport, I think we were down to his shirt and underwear. Luckily, we have a nice warm Texas Halloween.
Garrett's costume was another story. It gradually came off, piece by piece as the night wore on. We made it to one house before he gave up the sword. He never even made it out the door with shoes, just the boot covers. The hat was the next item to be discarded, followed by the sash tied around his head and his belt. By the time my sister arrived after picking up Ryan's brother Alan from the airport, I think we were down to his shirt and underwear. Luckily, we have a nice warm Texas Halloween.
Seeing Alan, or Big Al as Garrett calls him, was so much fun for G. He was so happy to see him and saved a big Tootsie Roll for Al (I'd told G earlier that Al liked them). Scout jumped into his arms, too, and was super excited to see her uncle. Alan brought birthday gifts for Scout, some handmade cards from her cousins, and some little pirate toys for G. They never forget the non-birthday sibling, which is so nice for the Mama. Garrett knew Alan was going in the morning with me to Ryan's race, so he gave Alan an extra tight squeeze before bedtime and asked if he'd get to see him again. When we assured him he would, he ran happily up to bed. We didn't experience much of a crash from the sugar high, but I can't attest to G's behavior the next day, since I was in Bandera. My mom could provide those details, although it's probably best that I don't ask.

No comments:
Post a Comment