Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble, gobble

Thanksgiving was great. Scout and I joined Garrett at his preschool for their "dessert feast" (thanks a lot, Mrs. Rose and Ms. Ely), which was cute. They had assorted Thanksgiving-themed goodies, and we got to bring home the Thanksgiving crafts they'd been working on. They ended the feast with a song, "I'm so glad I'm not a Turkey on Thanksgiving Day." Very cute. Garrett was also surprised and pleased to learn that his friend Evan lives close to us. The dinner conversation went like this.
Evan: Where do you live, Garrett?
G: I live in Texas. Where do you live?
Evan: Austin, Texas.
G: Mommy, he lives in Austin, Texas, too!!
Fascinating. Here are a couple of pictures.



We packed up the car and the kids and headed for my parents' house for our actual Thanksgiving feast. My sister Andrea was there, as well. I, of course, forgot to pack any warm weather clothes for myself or my kids, but we managed to survive the 80 degree highs and 97% humidity by staying mostly indoors with the a/c on. What was I thinking? Garrett started our feast with his turkey song from school and by having Ryan read the first Thanksgiving story that G put together at school. Scout almost made a true holiday memory when she grabbed the corner of the tablecloth right after we had put the final dish on it, but I got to her just as she started to pull. Close one! We had a great feast. Garrett gobbled up the sweet potato casserole, while Scout stuck with the green bean casserole, even though it was a little spicy. It would make her cry, she'd drink some milk, and then she was stuffing her mouth with them again. After a couple of cycles like this, we replaced them with peas. We all took our Thanksgiving naps (yea!) and then enjoyed the leftovers and some good football.






The next day, we went to Garrett's favorite place to eat, Incredible Pizza. He and Scout rode some rides and played some fun games. G's favorite activity, though, is the race cars, which he got to ride in with Ryan and my dad.

Tickles on the carousel

Riding a froggie

Cowgirl

Motorcycle game

Racing with Daddy

Racing with Lito

No comments: