There are few things I can think of that are sweeter than my baby in his first Christmas program. I knew I was going to love it, but I don't think I was really prepared for how precious it was going to be. Garrett was so excited to get to his classroom two Sundays ago, to get dressed in his costume. His class dressed as sheep, and he was most excited about the black dot of makeup they were going to put on his nose. When he started to walk down the aisle to the stage with those floppy construction paper ears on, I lost all dignity and became the cheesy parent, proudly and frantically waving to him and giving him the thumbs up. I think he got a little overwhelmed with emotion (not unfamiliar territory with G), because his lip curled a little, and he started doing his purposeful breathing through pursed lips. Ryan and I noticed and gave him even cheesier faces and more thumbs up, and by the time the music started, he recovered. His class was on stage the whole time, and they did great. No one fell over or cried, so I think that counts as a major success for preschool. They all sat and stood and rang their bells on cue, and Garrett sang every word. Scout loved watching and clapping, and even happily missed her nap for it. Grandma and Abuelito were sitting proudly in the audience, as well. We met the kids back in the classroom afterward, and then had a little reception with all the families. It was a sweet time.
The flock
My little sheep
Proud sister and grandparents

No comments:
Post a Comment