Friday, February 6, 2009

Just like you

G and I were having a conversation the other day about what he wants to be like when he grows up. The conversation turned to his wife, and I asked him what he thought she'd look like. He said, "Just like you. Just like you look right now." If he were any older, I'd think he were trying to get on my good side, but I know he meant it. So sweet. Some days, I just don't think I deserve him! He must get that from his dad.

On a side note, please don't share this story with G's wife. I'd hate for her to be immediately insulted at the thought that she might look like me, however I look at the time. And I'll do my part to be a good mother-in-law by not pointing out that he loved me first. Leave and cleave, right?

5 comments:

CM said...

That leaving part is going to be tough business for us mamas. Sigh.

Michael Ann said...

isn't that the best gift in the world? Tonight, Carson told me that I was the best thing he ever had. Melt my heart! A while back, I asked Carson not to ever leave. Wade rolled his eyes at me and said "Yes, Michael...they will leave, just like you did." I said okay then, Carson...Promise mommy you'll never move away and you'll live just down the street. - He promised, so maybe you should try that one too! Love ya!

Andrea said...

That is so sweet! I think it would be an honor for his wife to look like you.

Ashley said...

Hey Ashley! Good to "see" you again! I have a little boy and girl, also. You're right, our outside job as an SLP is way easier and less fun than being home with kiddos, huh?

Sweet J and the News said...

hey just wanted to let you know that i changed my URL so you might want to change whatever you need to, to keep following it. :) love you give the family hugs and kisses... don't forget to hug yourself for me too.

jess