Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scout's first storytime

Scout is giving up her morning nap, so I'm trying to find things to do in the morning that keep us out of the house and keep her too busy to feel tired. So, yesterday we went to Barnes and Noble to buy some books for their cousins. I realized that we were there at the perfect time for storytime. I used to take Garrett all the time, but we had to give it up when Scout stopped napping well in the stroller. G was stoked, but I was a little nervous about how to keep my busy and social girl from disturbing everyone trying to listen. The storytime lady picked the perfect book, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, and had everyone participate in the motions. It was right up my little dancer's alley, and she thoroughly enjoyed "stomping through the snow", "running through the grass", and "shaking off the mud". She still made her rounds smiling her toothy, scrunched-up nose grin at everyone, but they all looked charmed, rather than annoyed. The coloring page at the end was also perfect for her, and she had fun gathering the crayons. Yea! Another milestone, and we survived it!

1 comment:

Michael Ann said...

I love that Bear Hunt song and story - it's so cute. Glad she did well, it's always tricky when they start moving to that one nap and start losing battery right before lunch!