A couple of weekends back, Ryan went to Huntsville to volunteer for a race that a lot of his running buddies were doing. Instead of sit around the house moping, I decided to take the kids to visit my sister Andrea in San Antonio and spend the day at the zoo. I've taken Garrett once before when he was two, but this was Scout's first time. Being the crazy animal lover that she is, she went nuts pointing at, following and growling at all of the animals. The funniest moment with her had to be when she was standing with her face to the glass of an aquarium, pointing at tiny little fish and making fish faces at them, while completely oblivious to the huge hippo bottom in her face. She never noticed it. G had a good time feeding the lorikeets little cups of nectar and brushing and feeding some goats. They both enjoyed the preschool play area, and the only slightly scary moment was when Scout came face to face with some fish that were bigger than she is. She jumped into Aya's (Andrea's) arms at that moment. We ended our outing with a ride on the train at Breckenridge Park. G loves train rides and later said it was his favorite part of the day. Scout loved waving to anyone and sometimes no one. Thanks, Aya, for a really fun time! The kids loved tearing up my sister's un-babyproofed apartment and taking a bath away from home. They even fell asleep in the car almost immediately, and neither woke up during the transfer from the car to their beds. Yes, I'm a beast to get my almost-four year old into his top bunk without waking him. I admit, at one moment I almost lost it laughing thinking of how silly I must look trying to get him in there. I felt like a teeny woman trying to put my sixteen year old in bed. Anyway, it was a wonderful day, and we even made it to church by ourselves the next day with minutes to spare!
No comments:
Post a Comment