With all of the commotion surrounding Scout's recent accident, I almost forgot about Ryan's big accomplishment that night. He signed up for a three-race series this August called Capt'n Karl's Series, which are 60K's run at night. I think the theory was that it might be cooler in the middle of the night, but not so much this summer. Anyway, Ryan ran the second of the series the Saturday that Scout fell and called on his way home, around 2 or 3am to tell me he'd won! You can read the details at the link below, but, basically, he ran with a girl the entire race, picked up his speed when she stopped for a bathroom break and beat her by a mere 7 seconds. That kind of time difference in these races is nearly unheard of. A half-hour difference is more typical. I was so proud of him! We told G the next day on the way to church, but he just smiled and said, "That's great" with little enthusiasm. I'm pretty sure he thinks Ryan wins every race. He probably assumes the finishing medals and buckles are 1st place trophies, several of Ryan's running buddies have told G that his daddy is really fast, and what little boy doesn't think his dad is the biggest, strongest and fastest? Ryan finished the series this past Saturday achieving 2nd place overall. Congratulations, Ryan!
Here's the link to the blog with all the stats. Look for Ryan under the 60K.
http://teamtraverse.blogspot.com/2009/08/team-traverse-captn-karls-all-nighter.html
Best Paid Jobs In Marketing
1 year ago

1 comment:
That's awesome. I'm running in the Race for the Cure on November 1st. I'm in it to finish. . . not win. LOL
Post a Comment