The report was good. Her other front tooth is a little loose, but he thinks that will tighten up again. He was amazed at how perfect the rest of her face was. He said if her gum tore at all in the process, he couldn't see it. Basically, he explained that a thumb-sucker's teeth protrude a bit, they are virtually unproctected and are sitting ducks when there's a fall with any kind of impact to the mouth. So, if you have a fearless thumb-sucker, you might be destined for the same fate! The dentist also said that there's no need for a spacer, but that as she gets older, we'll have the option to get her a partial for asthetic reasons. Ryan is against it, preferring her mouth the way it is now. I have to say, missing tooth or not, that girl can't help being cute! Everything else was good, and both kids got a little toy at the end. Neither wanted to leave, which I was happy about.
Thank you for all who've sent up some prayers for us. I'm feeling much better about it, and one day, hopefully soon, this will be one of the many funny stories we tell about Scout.


2 comments:
Do did you go to Dr. Sherwood's office? Isn't it nice? I'm glad you had a good experience!
A cutie indeed. Glad she's doing better. Can't wait to see y'all in the halls at school!
Post a Comment