We got our tree at Home Depot again this year, which I never intended to be a tradition, but we seem to have made it one.

We attended the Living Nativity at Park Hills Baptist Church, in their outdoor theater. It was beautiful and a great performance. They bring in animals for the show and for a little petting zoo for the kids. We got to touch camels, goats, rabbits, and a donkey. We also enjoyed some hot chocolate and cookies after the performance.
One Friday evening we went to the Southpark Meadows laser light show. It was so much fun. They have lasers and Christmas lights that are covering the performance area and all the trees set to great Christmas music. When Frosty the Snowman plays, they drop "snow" on the audience. The kids just ran to the front grassy area and all danced together. Santa was there, as well, though we didn't make it over to see him. We did grab some hot chocolate, though, and shared a couple of cups. We even let Scout slurp the last couple of drops of one. Our friends, the Howards, got there just as the first light show was ending and the live performance started. It was a musical duo called Above Ground Austin, and they sang all of the beautiful Christ-centered Christmas songs.
G, Cohen, and Scout watching the performance through the gate
Scout peeking in
Scout, Daddy and G
Our lights at home, both the outside ones and the ones on the tree gave us troubles this year. I don't think they're ever perfect, but it felt like we spent a lot more time adjusting them and replacing bulbs this year. I even plugged in one strand to check them in the house, and then once they were on the house, they didn't work. I think we all have those stories. Here's a picture of Garrett "helping" Daddy fix some decorations.

1 comment:
Hey Beard Family!!!!
It's been way too long and it has been so good to see you guys on your blog and catch up on your family. You guys still look exactly the same and your children are beautiful. Where are you guys now exactly?? Somewhere in Texas from what I could gather. What are you doing and when did you leave CA? We sure miss you guys. Have you been back to Searcy for Homecoming ever? Wade and I never have, but would love to go and show our boys and go visit our old apartment - good times!!!!!
We have two boys, Carson is going to be 6 on January 15 and Callahan turned 2 in October. We live in Fayetteville, AR and love it. That's after we moved from Dallas, to Montana, and then here. We are doing good - Wade is self-employed through Pepperidge Farm and has really grown his territory and business in the past 4 years and is doing really well. I am doing speech evaluating and placement for the school system in 3-5 year old special ed. I love it! It follows the school calendar and so I get my summers off and follow all the breaks, plus I have very good, flexible mommy hours. Anyways, give us an update on you guys and come check us out at our blog - ramersrus.blogspot.com
Love ya'll!!
Post a Comment