Instead of the typical stall tactics that most children use at bedtime, G seems to find it more effective to simply get out of bed and come downstairs after we've put him down. The most common "reasons" he gives for needing to get up include "I dropped my toy" (shouldn't have been playing with it), "I bumped my head" (shouldn't have been jumping around in your top bunk), "I need to tell you something" (usually followed with a long pause, ummm, and something made up on the spot). He loves to take a toy to bed with him, so Ryan has started reminding him each night that he'll take G's toy away if he gets up. It's really effective, but sometimes Ryan forgets, as was the case tonight. About 9 o'clock, I glanced up the stairs to see G standing there, waiting to be noticed. The rest went something like this.
Me: What are you doing, Garrett?
G: I needed to tell you something.
Me: You know you're not supposed to get out of bed. What is it?
G: Are you guys watching a movie?
Me: It's a show. What do you need to tell us?
G: I needed to say that I know the words 'nueve' and 'ocho'.
Me: Great.
G: I'll go back to bed, now. Are you guys eating something?
Me: No.
G: Oh. I thought I heard some rattling or something.
Me: Nope. We're not eating anything.
G: Okay. I'll go back to bed. You can finish watching your show, now.
He never even came all the way down the stairs. I think he truly couldn't wait till morning to tell us that. Oh, the random mind of a three-year old.
Best Paid Jobs In Marketing
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment