Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Garrett at 4

I can't believe it. My little man is four-years old. It's gone by too quickly, and the feeling reminds me of my dad when I was little. He had this old typewriter case, that he said he wanted to put my sister and me in, to keep us little, so we'd never grow up. We thought it was hilarious then, but now I get it. I remember when Garrett was new and wrinkly, and I'd hold him at night in his big red chair, trying to burn every part of that moment into my memory. Life moves so quickly now, and those quiet moments are so scarce, that I have to remind myself "remember this!" Life with Garrett is so rich, and I don't want to forget any of it. Some words I would use to describe him right now are smart, sweet, thoughtful, compassionate, helpful, funny, verbose, dramatic, inquisitive, snuggly, friendly, accepting, protective, imaginative and handsome. He is an amazing big brother and a wonderful son. He is quick to shower me with compliments, to praise Scout's accomplishments and to try in every way to imitate his Daddy. I thank God every day for the precious gift of being G's mom. I am so blessed to be able to watch him grow and learn, and I pray that I will be the mother that he deserves and that God has called me to be. Happy Birthday, baby! I love you!

2 comments:

Julie Walker said...

Happy Birthday Garrett!

Beth Hames said...

That is the cutest picture I've ever seen...