Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Party

Well, my little pirate picked out his own costume online, in keeping with his obsession with the How I Became a Pirate and Pirates Don't Change Diapers books. He has loved it so much, even wearing it on everyday errands with Mom. Yea! Scout is a bumble bee this year. We borrowed a costume from her friend Brooklyn last year at the last minute, since we thought we wouldn't have two children that Halloween. She was a flower then, so maybe we're moving up the food chain. Anyway, I took a few pictures of the kids in their costumes, which weren't too bad, considering I have to get two to look at the camera now. Since G was a pirate, he wanted us to be his "mateys". I decided to go along with it, but Ryan had other plans. He jumped on the Olympic bandwagon, as you can see below. Yes, he's Michael Phelps. At least he decided against the Speedo.


We held our Halloween party this year at our house. We invited friends from church and work, and it was so much fun. We had a handful of babies this year, who are always so tender in their plush little costumes. The house was pretty decked out, but not too scary. We shared Halloween-themed food, carved pumpkins and had a cherry-eating competition. Each person had a bowl with a cherry at the bottom and whipped cream on top. The goal was to see who could eat the cherry first without using their hands. Garrett later said that it was his favorite part, and all I can say is that it's not as bad as you might think to have whipped cream up your nose. Garrett keeps asking when we're having another party like that.


No comments: