Monday, October 20, 2008

G's Kids

Our family decided to go to Amy's tonight for a little after dinner treat, and G asked to walk to Whole Earth afterward. He loves their toy and book sections. As we were leaving the store, G asked to swing in the hammock they always have outside, like he and Ryan always do. He hates getting out of it, so when we finally made him get up to go home, he announced that he was going to let his kids stay there for 100 days. I said that he didn't have kids, and he responded with "Yes, I do. I have five." The rest of the exchange went like this:

G - "The first one's name is Anna." (pronounced ah-na)
Ashley - "What are the others' names?"
G - "Smerny, then Honda. Another one is Hmm Ha, and the last one is Split Down."
Ashley - "Did you say 'Sit Down' ?"
G - "Noooo. Split Down."
Ryan - "Yeah, Mommy. Sit Down would be dumb."
Ashley - "Do you have a wife?"
G - "Yeah. Her name is Manaska."
Ashley - "How did you meet her?"
G - "I meet her like this." (picture G doing a dance pose with one leg in the air)
Ashley - "Did you have a wedding?"
G - "We got married in Alaska, I think." (a little too much champagne at the wedding, maybe?)
Ashley - "How old are the kids?"
G - "Eight."
Ashley - "All of them?!"
G - "Yeah. Just kidding. They're not 8. They're 10."
Ryan - "Which one do you love the best?"
G - "My wife." (good boy)

And that's the story of my son, his wife, and his 5 kids. Let's cross our fingers that he lets his real wife name the kids.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This is hilarious!! I love it.

Julie T said...

Too cute!

Beth Hames said...

HAHAHA! So funny!

JessBless said...

I'm not only impressed by G's creativeness and certainty, but by your ability to remember all the details including the specific names he came up with!