Ryan had to man a TDS booth at a family festival in San Marcos on April 4th, so we packed up the kids and headed out. Garrett loved sitting in the fire truck, riding the train, getting his face painted (he chose a bat), and making various crafts. Scout loved the little petting zoo, the train, an egg toss game at one of the booths, and picking up someone's chihuahua with one hand (it survived). Ryan and I loved picking up some chai blended drinks at a local coffee shop on the square. Delicious! The train was pulled by a tractor, and the cars looked like steel drums that had been cut open on one side with a bench that you straddle like on one of those log rides at amusement parks. I shared one of those with my kids. My toes were numb by the end, and, as you can imagine, I was by no means the tallest person to ride. The petting zoo was a little penned off area with a lot of animal babies, like chicks, ducklings, pigs, goats and rabbits. Scout pretty much parked herself next to one of the goats, and the woman running it suggested I get her one. Probably not gonna happen, although Ryan has been having trouble with the lawn mower... Anyway, it was a fun afternoon, and G never asked to use the porta-potty. Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment