Garrett has been getting into superheroes lately. For his birthday, Garrett's aunt, uncle and cousins bought him a Superman costume. He was super excited when he opened the box. He kept saying, "It's mine! It's mine!" He had to put it on immediately, and we went to the park. The wind was blowing just enough to make the cape wave as he was climbing around. It was so cute, especially the way he kept repeating, "Superman to save the day!", that my heart melted a little. I never understood why other parents thought their kids looked so cute in superhero Halloween costumes. Anytime a little Spidey or Batman would knock on my door for candy, I'd think about how much I'd dread the day when G got to pick his own costume and choose something lame like that, instead of the precious plush lion or whatever I bought for him. Now I understand what those parents see. It's their genetic material in a tiny little package filled with joy over tights and a cape. My genetic material in a Superman costume? Devastatingly cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment